Friday, November 28, 2014

Standing frozen in the life I've chosen.

Stella runs around singing, "Let it go. Let it go. It's not part of me."  I don't know why she thinks that's how the song goes but I think it's pretty funny that she makes her own sense.
Christmas is coming and I'm beyond excited. It's our first Christmas in our new house and it's all coming together update wise. The clock stopped at 3:15 am the other day and the ghosts haven't bothered us since, (they hate construction) so that's a good thing. I painted the basement tonight and I'll put up the ceiling and put down the carpet tomorrow. The tree is up. It fits perfectly in our cozy living room.
Everything is awesome. The past 6 months I've gotten everyone out of my life who has no business being in it anymore and every time I'm onto getting out the next one...a blessing arrives. Sometimes within hours. It's CRAZY. I'm so skeptical of anything and everything anymore. I often feel like I don't know anything. But I know I'm doing or saying the right things...even though sometimes the things I say sound mean and unlike the giant pushover that I am...amazing things just keep happening.
The latest blessing is that the church daycare my kids go to has adopted my family for Christmas. They pick one every year and this year they picked us. I had no idea they even did anything like that since we don't attend the church. I was so grateful I told the daycare teachers I loved them. I don't even have a dollar for Christmas this year which is unusual because I can always make it happen on my own.
I'm REALLY grateful. I don't know what I did to deserve the sweet things that I keep receiving. I only hope I can keep paying it forward every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment